Adventist Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adventist Network

This forum was created to give Adventists a mechanism to share thoughts, ideas, and inspire one another.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disaster Readiness, Laodicea, and The Sick, Hungry, Broken

Go down 
AuthorMessage
master of Disaster

Disaster Readiness, Laodicea, and The Sick, Hungry, Broken Empty
PostSubject: Disaster Readiness, Laodicea, and The Sick, Hungry, Broken   Disaster Readiness, Laodicea, and The Sick, Hungry, Broken Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:05 pm

Hello Everyone , I am very happy for the oppurtunity to present insight and info ( biblical ) on the above named

topics: Disaster/End-Time Readiness
The Laodicean Church
The Sick, Hungry, and Broken

I am looking forward to informing, and possibly helping all, as well as being informed and helped.

please bear with me my writing skills are not what they should be, but a lot of what the lord has shown me can

one day (or night!) mean the difference between life and death.

The first subject I would like to present this evening is Emergency Readiness . Two evenings ago there were

devastating tornados across five different states here in the south that has left dozens of people dead and

thousands more homeless and injured. While sitting at a computer here in the library at Oakwood University , a

young woman expressed the fear she had when ciy-wide tornado sirens began to sound the warning blares for

approaching tornadic activity . She said she "did not know what to do" over and over again. She concluded by

saying that she called her sister all the way up in pennsylvania ( A Thousand Miles Away-For Real ) and her

sisters husband talked her through it by informing her of what action to take.

A seventh day adventist only a few days away from a higher degree of learning but did not know what life

preserving action to take in the face of a storm. Something a certain person possibly died for in christ's parable

concerning the wise man and the fool. (Matthew 7:24-27)

Another Example: Durham , North Carolina . At one point down to about thirty days of water , (and from what I

understand is still on the brink of an emergency drought). Several of the members of the local SDA Church when

asked did they have any water in store, ALL ANSWERED NO. And these had already obtained higher degrees of

education and were established in their various profesions and making money. Good Money. Enough money to

drive their expensive car down to wal-mart and spend five dollars for three gallons of a substance second only

to the air we breathe in importance to life itself. A substance for which the city and state leaders have no clear

answer as to what they are going to drink (much less wash with) in a few short weeks ...... if not days.

let me conclude this evening with a plea for all of to start building readiness plans and emergency kits, that will

be conducive to life, if we have not already done so .

" Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which

built his house upon a rock:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not:

for it was founded upon a rock ".

Matthew 7:24,25
Back to top Go down

Disaster Readiness, Laodicea, and The Sick, Hungry, Broken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventist Network :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: